Thursday, September 4, 2008

And I Get to Do This Every Six Months?

This morning I, a usually unenthusiastic person, took my kids to the dentist while singing my own vigorous renditions of "I love to see the Dentist" and "Goin' to the dentist and we're, gonna get our teeth cleaned". But this was all in vain. Zach told me for a week how brave he would be at the dentist but as soon as he walked in the little room and saw the hygienist he hid in the corner. I'll spare you all the tedious details of our 30 minutes with the hygienist, but let's just suffice it to say that Zach ended up having a very loud and squirming "lap exam". (Which basically means he sits facing me, then I lay him down like I used to hold him when he was 2 months old in order for the dentist to pry his mouth open in an attempt to see a few teeth.) It was a blast. But the high point of all of this was Becky practically jumping in my lap in order to have her "lap exam" after seeing Zach do it. She thought it was thrilling! So at least one of my kids likes the dentist!

No comments: