Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mr. Fix-It

This is my husband.
This is my dryer.
They have a close, personal relationship. You see, we have fixed our $37.50 appliance five or six times since we bought it five years ago. This last time was a real mystery that lasted 2 weeks. No, I'm not complaining about two weeks without a dryer. I did complain actually, until I found out that my neighbor has been without a dryer for like a year because theirs is gas and they only take electric dryers here in the fine apartments that are The Reflections at Cherry Creek. But I digress. Not really actually...part of my complaint (before I was not complaining) was how the management responded to my drying dilemma. You see, I had put off doing laundry long enough that I had quite a stock pile of loaded laundry baskets. It was a Tuesday, I decided to start with our bedding. When I discovered our dryer problem (running but not heating) I had wet sheets and a wet mattress pad. Those mattress pads take forever to dry in the dryer. It was a hot day, so I ran a string from my upstairs neighbor's porch to the fence. Granted, this was a very obtrusive way to dry sheets. But I hung the pillow cases over the actual walkway, so people just had to duck a little. (This explanation is taking a long time, hope you're in it for the long haul...)

The manager, Kim, was out walking the grounds with the guy who is really in charge. They were discussing this I hope:


See how much they care about us? This non-grass area that should be a lush carpet of water sucking Kentucky Blue Grass translates into a lot of dirty clothes in the last year. Sometimes multiple changes of dirty clothes in one day. Digression again. So, apparently they were discussing the situation. I'm assuming Kim was mortified by my use of string because she walked on over to me (I was out with the kids and our neighbor and her kids) and informed me that we're not allowed to hang laundry here. Not worried about the "grass" though. Or at least she hasn't been for the last year. Anyway...back to the dryer:

My amazing husband finally figured out what was wrong. He fixed it. Then he fixed it again because the first fix wasn't quite good enough for my snooty dryer. So, the moral of the story (do you like how I'm wrapping it up so quickly) is that we have lots of clean, dry clothes here. And I owe it all to my fantastic Mr. Fix-It.

Did I mention that he fixed Zach's dresser too?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I have a mr. fix it husband too. They are GREAT! But, can he fix the grass, or lack therof, problem? :) I bet he could, but that doesn't mean he should; that's the apartment's deal. Grrrr.

ZAC said...

BAH! You are hilarious. That is one of the funniest posts I have read. I especially love that cool picture of Ryan up top and the dryer following it directly. And the cost of your dryer...AMAZING. YOU guys rock. I'm just happy to hear you have a working dryer. Something all moms with boys need on hand at all times of the day, all days of the week. Last of all, I OWE YOU ANOTHER SITTING. I have not forgotten and I insist it happens soon. We need to talk!

Kerri said...

Those of us married to a Mr. Fix-it know how lucky we are. In soon to be 15 years of marriage, I've never called a repairman for anything.

Brent Taylor said...

Mr Fix-It fixed his mom's car also.