Thursday, May 21, 2009

Basket Liner

Maybe this isn't really worthy of this blog, but I'm really happy about the basket liner I made this morning. I know it's a simple project, but sometimes simple and fast is good. Right?
The material is actually black, it's hard to tell in the picture though. The liner is a little big because it will shrink a tad when I wash it. I didn't pre-shrink. What can I say, I'm a risk-taker! No, actually I didn't pre-shrink because the dryer is out of commission at this time, so no shrinking would actually happen if I washed it and hung it out to dry. ANYway, that's another story.
See how much nicer this black is than the cream fabric the basket came with. The cream was nice in theory, say if you don't have kids or if you aren't using it by the door for the shoes. So I went with black.

This thing has actually been washed recently. It just doesn't get much cleaner than this. The blob on the left is tomato soup. Nice touch huhh? Just don't think about what it did to the shoe it hit first!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Audra said...

I like that a lot. You should ask my mom about my sewing abilities or better yet, my lack of patience that impedes my possible sewing abilities!!

ZAC said...

I was impressed at your basket liner. I saw it when you first posted it. That was a hilarious shot of the last one! How's your dryer these days?!?!? Are you guys alive and well? Do you need to do a load of laundry here?