Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a typical Mother's Day here including a green snot nose for Becky and a zombie husband. I got to sleep all the way until 6:30. It was thrilling! Ryan was so exhausted from staying up all night working on a paper that he didn't wake up until I was in the shower. But I got pancakes. They were good. Zach made me some Mother's Day cards, and gave me some chocolate. Becky also gave me chocolate. Ryan gave me a nice miniature rose plant (when he gave it to me he said he had gotten me a dozen roses-there really are 12) and more chocolate. The chocolate is almost gone. I was really stressed out after Sacrament meeting because we didn't get our customary box of chocolates. But the young men saved the day when they brought us plates of cookies and chocolate dipped strawberries in Relief Society. I would have preferred the box of chocolate. But I'll live. As you can see, chocolate is pivotal in the enjoyment of Mother's Day!

No comments: