Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homemade Ant Farm

I've been a little preoccupied this morning reading three month's of blog entries by our Relief Society President's daughter. Her 3 month old baby passed away yesterday. I knew he had been sick since he was born, and wanted to know the whole story. Very sad and eye-opening. Makes me that much more thankful for the Gospel and for my healthy kids.

So, while I was neglecting my own children...ironic huhh...they made an ant farm. Zach has informed me that the ants are very hungry and he is taking care of them. This is the case that holds his plastic horn. It is now the residence of 3 ants. (Actually I think only 2 are living). Zach picked them up from the bathroom floor with toilet paper and made them "comfy" in their new house.

We don't live in a landfill by the way, the ants just come out from under the walls in the bathrooms and kitchen if any crumb of anything is left on the floor. So as you can probably imagine, I clean my kitchen floor daily!
Do these ants look happy to you?

I'm also very distracted because my friend from Church's house had a serious fire on Sunday afternoon. Everyone is ok, but I fear that the house is in very bad shape. It doesn't look very good to me. Most of the family is out of town right now. I just can't stop worring and feeling badly for them. I can't imagine this happening and wondering and waiting to see what the actual damage is. It's been a rough start to the week for our ward.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Seems their cul-de-sac is just a site of tragedy right now - loss of a grand baby in one house, the fire and resulting loss of the dog next door. But for both families, their faith will get them through it all. I spoke to Arica this morning and they are doing remarkably well. I, too, really want to reach out to these two amazing families and provide some sort of comfort.

ZAC said...

Zach is one innovative an smart little boy! I'm guessing it's because he has smart parents. The "landfill" comment was very funny. :-) And I saw your new plant! Just remember that they can grow super big. I hope mine fairs well while I'm out of town! And the slurping of oatmeal----hahahaha! It makes me feel better to know that kids without my own home are as good as animals...LOL.