Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Crazy Idea

Back in August I got this CRAZY idea that I could make 20+ jackets for a bunch of Mary Kay ladies. Well, I did it. I was a lot of work and very stressful.
The hardest part was attaching hundreds of tiny crystals to each jacket. But I think they turned out pretty well!



Other Important Notes: I work best when I'm watching TV. I watched all 7 seasons of The Gilmore Girls (for the second time...the first time I watched it I made a wedding gown), lots of Jane Austin Movies and The Extended versions of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. There might have been more, but that's what I can remember. I ended up sewing for about 170 hours.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, it makes me want to be a Mary Kay lady

Olivia said...

that is a ton of hours! I hope you got paid well. They look great!

ZAC said...

oh yeah----no wonder you're basement was neglected! Ha! The jackets turned out wonderfully! I kind of wish I had a project like that which would allow me to watch hours on end of t.v. TOTALLY COOL. You're my hero.