Friday, May 14, 2010

Are You A Wait-er

Not waiter. But a person who waits.

My complaint today stems from another Walmart experience. Maybe I should not go there. It drives me crazy when people wait in the parking lot for a spot. It's a huge parking lot. Yesterday there was someone waiting, half way in the main road along the front of the store and half way into one of the lanes for parking spots. They were blocking traffic. That irritates me.

The worst is when a person stops cold because they see someone walking out of the store and toward a car. They wait while the car is loaded with a cart full of Walmart junk, then loaded with 3 crying kids. Craziness.

When people do that to me, I take an extra long time to finish. Then I sit in the car for a long time before pulling out. :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I hate it when people sit there waiting for me to be ready to drive off. I don't even have to try to take a long time- it just does getting all these kids strapped in and happy!

Brent Taylor said...

Interesting. This has been going on since before either of you (and probably me) were born. Your choices are to be irritated by it, which guaranteed won't resolve it, empathetic to their desire for a prime parking space (after all it sounds like you're "near" the store, too) or simply park every time far away from the store where (knowing this Walmart) you'll never have trouble/a wait getting to a parking space.

But if you're having fun, please take your time.

Olivia said...

ugh. Me too. On all accounts.

Kerri said...

I hear you on this one. And we do the same thing - bide our time because it's stupid to wait for a space like that.