Thursday, April 8, 2010

Post 101

Has anyone noticed how RUDE people have been lately? Someone honked at me yesterday because I was going too slow for them. Granted, it was rush-hour. But I'm not a slow poke either. The biggest thing I've noticed though is women in their "Golden Years" seem to have no patience anymore. Well some of them...many times in the last month or so my kids have upset some random woman or another in a public place by simply being in the way! You know, kids sometimes don't look where they are going and dash in front of a person. I always apologize right away and they don't even acknowledge my presence. It's like they are too disgusted to even look me in the eyes. Irritating. Are we being hardened by all that's going on in the world? I thought that was supposed to help us be kinder, usually it does. But I guess people are crabby about earthquakes and giant waves and such.

Anyway, I took pictures. Not of rude ladies! Of stuff, life, the things going on here.
Becky turned 3. We ate pink cake.

While I was diligently not eating wheat (I regressed for a while...) I made this actually pretty tasty raisin bread.

Zach made Valentines for his preschool class. Sometimes I still find glitter in the kitchen drawer.

I found a caterpillar in our front yard while I was raking in EARLY March. First insect I had seen in months. Now we have lots of spiders in the basement again...they were gone for 4 or 5 months. It was nice.

My bulbs I planted in the fall started popping up.

Then they started blooming.

The biggest excitement of all came about 2.5 weeks ago when we started installing our floor. Yipee! No more CARDBOARD floor. (We put cardboard on the floor because we had painted it to seal everything (the bad junk) in but couldn't install the floor yet, so we were protecting the paint). Did you know cardboard doesn't clean very well? Did you know I have two small children? Those things really don't go well together.

This is how we kept the children occupied while we worked. There WAS a couch sitting at the proper distance from the TV, but obviously it wasn't good enough. PS can you tell me what movie they watched?

We are all on a NO SUGAR, NO GRAIN, HIGH VEGE and a little bit of fruit and dairy and meat diet. The reason why is for another post, but here is a yummy salad I made up. YUMMY.

Becky wanted me to take a picture of HER salad too.

THE END

3 comments:

Olivia said...

WOw! So much to say, let's see if I can remember it all...

I love your new floors and I'm uber jealous of anyone with new floors because we need them SO bad.

That salad looks delicious!

what bulbs are those? My guess is crocus. Am I right?

Good luck with the new-new diet.
It sounds...um...healthy!

Your kids are super cute and I have no idea which movie they were watching.

I agree, people can be rude. I try to smile my biggest smile at those people, just to rub it in that I'm happy and for some reason they are not. Haha!

Kerri said...

Yay! Pictures. I like! Floors are gorgeous, salad looks very tasty, flowers coming in are beautiful, what's a diet?, the kids are growing like weeds and so adorable, and, yes, people are getting more and more rude. Wish I knew how to change it but I just try to smile a lot.

ZAC said...

I agree completely on the rude thing. It's everywhere these days! I've been trying to be a more patient person and it's VERY hard when you find so many rude people around (the majority of whom are at Walmart). LOVETHEPICS!!! Yay for the wood floors---they are gorgeous! And Happy Belated Birthday to Becky!