Saturday, February 20, 2010

If You Were Me and You Had to Choose...

Would you choose black rain boots or lavender?

Mine came in a lovely box with red circles all over it delivered by the UPS man on Thursday and I LOVE THEM! They are for gardening. They're a little tall, I kind of look like farmer McGregor in them, but I DON'T CARE! They are lovely! They make me happy, and they only cost $5 more than the black ones at the Big-Blue-Box store.


That leads me to some other lovely footwear that I received for Christmas. These ...are my house shoes. $75 house shoes. Crazy, I know. But I have to have shoes on in the house and since I spend most of my time at home it seems like a good purchase.


Are you seeing a theme here? Yes, I have a fetish. It's not a shoe fetish either. I've had this disease for almost 15 years. I just really like lavender things. Love the smell of lavender too.

What's your favorite color?

4 comments:

Olivia said...

why do you have to wear shoes in the house?

I would choose lavendar over black, no question.

My favorite color right now is dark teal. It's a hard color to describe, but I know it when I see it. I love your new shoes!!!

Kerri said...

Pink. Most of my life - pink. I used to have a bunch of clothing, shoes, etc in pink, but I've tried to control it more now that I'm an old lady.

ZAC said...

Woman, you are gardening in style! Way to go. I'm loving the lavendar boots and house shoes. You can even tell they are well loved and cared for. As for my favorite color, I must claim the same as Ryan, my daughter. I love the rainbow. Every color is special in it's own way at it's own time. ;)

Brent Taylor said...

Kelly green -- which apparently is basically chartreuse. Never had a problem claiming green or calling it kelly green to be specific. However, "chartreuse" doesn't sound masculine.

Guess you like lavender as opposed to just plain purple. For me, green works in most shades because inanimate living things are almost always green and therefore the world seems full of my favorite color.

But you, you've seen them, the chartreuse Crocs are pretty bold. This demonstrates that green isn't particularly my best color to wear (that would be blue, my favorite color to wear).

You however look lovely in lavender and I'm looking forward to snapping some pictures of you gardening in your lavender Wellingtons -- maybe something to post on your otherwise "inactive" gardening blog.