Friday, January 9, 2009

Gerbil Tea


Zach wants a gerbil. I had 2 gerbils when I was a kid: Bert and Ernie. But now, I really like our clean, not smelly house. So pets are something that don't thrill me. Well, at least it will take a while to earn the $14 dollars he needs.

Ryan and I were talking about tea at dinner last night. A friend on Facebook is always talking about the "yummy Chai Latte" she just had. I wasn't sure what it is, and thinking it might be coffee I looked it up. It's black tea with spices. I was explaining it to Ryan, wondering if this friend knows what she's drinking. Zach mentioned that the far Grandma drinks tea, black tea. I said she does, mostly herbal tea though. Then I caught on, he was talking about coffee. So I clarified for him. Then said, "she mentioned that you were telling her that we don't drink tea and coffee." "Yep", he said.

Here is where things got very enlightening. Zach said: "you can make gerbil tea. You get a cup and you put a gerbil in it and you stir it up."

It's all so clear.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

That is too funny. gerbil tea! You have to get him one, now, don't you? I mean, think of all the other cute things he'll say once he catually HAS one!

coloradoeaston said...

Hilarious! Luv it. Kids are so entertaining. I am not so sure about the whole pet thing either???

Sarah