Friday, January 16, 2009

Burning the Midnight Oil

We're all adjusting to Ryan's new schedule at work. Since he started almost a year ago he has worked from 2:30-11pm. Now he works from 6am-2:30. At first I felt like I had flown to Australia. Now I'm fine with it. I'm more of a morning person so it's nice to get up early and throw open the curtains.

It's effecting Zach in a weird way. He has been getting up at the strangest times. For the last few nights he has woken up at around midnight. He doesn't come to us though. He just goes into the living room and puts on a DVD. We've got him trained! Ha! So I wake up to see lights blazing all through the house and hear the TV running. It's hard to convince him it's still night time now that we get up at 5 and to him it's still night time then since it's dark. But we try. Anyway, this process repeats a few more times--about every hour--until it's finally time to really get up.

But now he's got a pretty bad cold, so maybe he'll be too exhausted. Or maybe it'll be worse...

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I don't think I could survive that kind of schedule. You are a champ!