Wednesday, February 1, 2012

POTW-5 and Ice!

Well, the snow is almost gone.  Time for another storm.  One is due to roll in tomorrow. 
Here is our pic of the week:
We've already had quite an eventful week here on our street.  Notice that we no longer have an ice skating rink in our cul-d-sac?  Well, take a moment to remind yourself... behold the glacier:
 And now:
 All I had to do was call the city.  At least we haven't suffered with it for 38 years (like our neighbors).  They brought out all this equipment and had the ice compleatly gone in an hour.  I would have taken pics but I felt weird when there was one of these out there:
and this:
and this:
and this massive thing I can't find a picture of.

I should've taken a picture.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Whoa! That is crazy--will you have to call them every time the "rink" occurs or is it on their route now? Way to take control the situation. I'm TOTALLY impressed